For those that didn't manage to catch up with the latest news related to Lingam-gate, here is a list of updates so far:
- Former Chief Justice Tun Mohamed Dzaiddin Abdullah today revealed that his successor to the post Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim was bestowed his Tan Sri title on the recommendation of then deputy minister in the Prime Minister's Department. Tun Mohamed Dzaiddin Abdullah hit out at his former boss Tun Eusoff Chin, saying that he lacked direction and leadership when he was top judge.
- The Anti-Corruption Agency did not find any telephone calls made between Datuk V.K. Lingam and Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim on the night the controversial video was recorded.
- Lawyer Robert Lazar hit out at Datuk V.K. Lingam for alleging that he had lobbied for a position as an appellate judge. Lazar told the royal commission of inquiry into the Lingam tape this morning that he had not spoken to Lingam on that matter, despite the later alleging otherwise.
- CyberSecurity Sdn Bhd (forensics digital division) senior analyst Mohd Zabri Adil Talib maintained at the Royal Commission proceedings today that the recording purportedly of Datuk V.K. Lingam is authentic.
- More videos, allegedly of Datuk V.K. Lingam talking about the judiciary, are likely to surface, Parti Keadilan Rakyat adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said.
- Tan Sri Vincent Tan says Tun Mahathir Is his Friend. He told the royal commission that he was in no position to influence the former premier Tun Mahathir on the appointment of judges. He also said he was disappointed with Lingam for talking rubbish, adding that the professional relationship between them would be re-evaluated.
* source : Malaysiakini, TheStar, The Sun, NST