As expected. So does that mean our ACA Director is guilty as charged?
(BERNAMA) The contract of Datuk Seri Zulkipli Mat Noor as the director-general of the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) which ends on Saturday will not be renewed, the Prime Minister's Office announced Friday night.
While a directive was issued on Tuesday by Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan to question Anti-Corruption Agency director-general Datuk Seri Zulkipli Mat Noor.
(NST) "I have instructed Federal CID director Datuk Christopher Wan to have his officers call Zulkipli and record his statement," he said but declined to say whether this had been done.
"I have not yet been briefed on the progress by my officers," Musa said, adding that 21 people related to the case had already had their statements recorded.
He confirmed that among them were Sabah ACA director Mohamad Ramli Manan who had alleged that Zulkipli was involved in corrupt practices and had amassed considerable wealth which did not correspond with his income.
Zulkipli has denied the allegations, which were highlighted by the Press and insisted that he was prepared to be investigated since he had nothing to hide.
"These 21 people are essential to the case and their statements were recorded to facilitate investigations," he said.
He also announced that a special 10-member police team, comprising senior police officers, was conducting the investigations and some of them would be involved in recording Zulkipli’s statement.
"I’m confident that police will be able to solve the case soon and we will scrutinise all information received from all parties. I guarantee justice will be served fairly," he said after attending a blood donation campaign in conjunction with the 200th Police Day at the Police Training Centre yesterday.
Musa declined to name the members of the team but it is learnt that they included officers from the CID and the Commercial Crimes Department.
"Let them do their job. It is better they remain unknown as it will make the investigation process easier," Musa said.