Aug 4, 2006

I'm scared of ISA too, says Tun Mahathir

Tun Mahathir is afraid of ISA too. Maybe the time bomb is ticking.

Excerpt from MalaysiaKini
Former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad is worried about the possibility of being detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA) over his scathing criticisms against the government.

Mahathir - whose 22-years in power saw the largest ISA dragnet in the nation’s history - voiced his concern at a function for Umno members in Kota Bahru, Kelantan last week.

“Yes, I’m scared too,” he replied to a question from the floor on whether he was afraid of being held under the security law which provides detention without trial.

“During the time of Tunku (Abdul Rahman) there were those who wanted to arrest me... They usually come at about five in the morning.

“At that time (early in the morning) we are ‘weak’. That’s the time they will arrest. But up until now, there has been none (of such efforts),” he told the 2,000-strong crowd which packed the Perdana Hotel ballroom.

Below is an excerpt of the question and answer session:

Who do you mean by ‘3K’, ‘Third party’ and ‘traitor to the country’?

‘3K’ - Kamal (Khalid, chief of Communications Unit, Prime Minister’s Department), Khairy (Jamaluddin) and Kalimullah (Hassan, deputy chairperson NSTP group).

...They determine everything. If you want to get a contract (for government projects), please see K - Khairy. He gives contracts, not the others.

If you are fated (takdir) to work with Anwar Ibrahim, what is your opinion?


An effort has been made to show that I was cruel and made an innocent man go to jail. Apparently, he was found not guilty by a panel of judges. Now, he is suing me for RM100 million, (I would be) bankrupt.

So there is no need for me to accept this person, because he has tarnished my name all the way to the Middle East. All sorts of things were said about me. I don’t accept him. If others want to accept him it’s OK. But I don’t accept.



tags :

No comments: